Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I think I need a walker

Yesterday I bought a new pair of running shoes from Run Fit. My last pair lasted me about 6 months and went through 2 marathons. I decided this time to try out a pair of NB 1224 ( I think that is the number ). I have been having problems with the toe box not being wide enough for my Fred Flintstone feet. So I decided to break them in last night at the track workout.

It was time to go to the track and BOOM, more lightening and rain still coming down very hard.
I thought about staying home but them I looked at the forecast and it looked like it might be clearing. I made my way to the track and looked to see others waiting to run also. Steve and Bo, our newest member of team POD, were checking to see if our coach was coming. He text back and said he was on the way.

Well the rain finally stopped and now it is time to run. We were doing repeats of 200,200 and 800's. 4 time repeats with a 1 mile warm up and a 1 mile cool down for a total of 5 miles. I was suppose to run my 200's at a pace of 59 seconds and my 800's at a pace of 3:54.

200 times: .51, .56, .54, .57, .57, .54, .41, .52
800 times: 3:44, 3:52, 3:57, 3:55

I hit close to the times most of the time but my 800's were a little off. I have not gotten use to running those speeds for that long of a time. I am used to doing that at about 100m's. I had one 200 run were my craziness kicked in and I ran a 41. I don't know where it came from but RC told me he was changing my nickname to Turbo Tim. I told him that it just felt good and I felt like I needed to go for one time. It was nice being able to keep up with the fast people for a change.

When I got through, RC told us that not everyone would be running the same speed or distance so if anyone wanted to continue to run to go ahead. I did not see anyone including myself offer to keep running. I was spent, tired and hungry. It was off to the house to get some food and ibuprofen.

This morning when I hit the floor, cause my legs almost gave out LOL, my feet and legs were sssscccrrreeeaaaammmmiiinnnggg. They were letting me know that they were still there. I soon had a discussion with them to let them know that I am in control of them not that they are in control of me. So off to work I go with a smile on my face knowing that I am one day closer to my goal thanks to RC Team POD.

No comments: