Sunday, May 3, 2009

I am no longer an 11 minute pacer.

I was told this morning that I am no longer an 11 minute pacer. No longer will my easy runs will be in the 11 minute range. I am now getting faster and it is happening quicker than I expected.

I ran my long run this morning for 60 minutes at a 10:25 pace with a HR at 148 average. This is so much better than when I started this training log 1 month ago. My pace has increased by about 30 seconds per mile and my HR has stayed around the same. I am starting to see the benefits of running consistency. It pays off in the long runs (no pun intended) and the short runs.

RC told me this morning to start watching just my HR and see how much my time is going to improve. I am looking forward this week to see just how much it will improve. More later but for now it is off to church then 18 holes of golf.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Man I've been waiting a long time to say this:

TOLD YA SO!

Ha! Glad to hear you are making such great strides (pun totally intended!)

Soon we'll be back to running together :)