Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting nervous

I have about 10 days to go before the 26.2 Donna Marathon in Jacksonville Florida. This will be my 9th marathon on my lists of ones to do. You would think by now that races would not bother me but for some reason my nerves are starting to kick in somewhat. I have a 5 hour demon that has followed me since I started running marathons.

I want to be able to break this internal record and get rid of the PR and start on a new number, Sub 5. I am feeling good about going for this next week. I think I have alot of base miles for the last 6 months and have several 20 plus mile runs in.

I am trying to loose a couple of pounds before I go cause 1 pound = 2 seconds/mile. For some people that would not mean alot but for me if I could drop 5 - 10 pounds it could mean a PR for me. I am going down to Fl with the Jeff Galloway group and they are so fun to run with. I have had so much fun getting long run in and being able to share some of my knowledge of running. This Friday we are going to meet and talk about last minute preparations. Then we are going to watch the movie "Making of a marathon".

Well I felt like I needed to sit down and talk for a minute before going to work to help release some of my feelings and butterflies. I just want to go ahead right now and go to Florida. I am pumped about the race and everything it stands for.

Until later, have a blessed day and continue to get out there and run....

No comments: