Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bike ride

I have been a slacker this week with my runs. I have gone to the gym and gotten on the treadmill some but it just not the same as getting out on the road. Friday night our bike group from Warner Robins called me and asked if I was going on the bike ride. I told them sure if it was not raining.

Well, I got up Saturday and it was dry and windy. Oh did I mention it was cold. So I told them I was going so I loaded up the bike and headed out. It was a small group of about only 8 riders. Normally we would have about 20 or so.

I was able to maintain an average of 15 mph for 26 miles. The wind was horrible. It was in our face from the start. It was making us get out of the saddle and work the legs. After mile 5 I actually thought about going back and not taking a chance of getting sick. I glad I did not turn back. It was fun when I got through.

I felt good and stayed warm except for my feet. I should have worn 2 pair of socks but lesson learned. Now I need to clean the bike due to the little bit of drizzle we went through before we finished the ride. Now that was cold.

I have 2 weeks before the marathon and I will be on the treadmill this week in the mornings. I am working on shedding some more pounds. So what did I do, I went and got the P90X videos. More to come later with the videos.

Have a great week and keep up the great work....

No comments: