Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Funeral arrangements coming soon...

As I sit and think about what I need to take to the 26.2 with Donna this weekend, I am pondering that I have not broken the 5 hour mark YET. I have this demon that has pondered me for nearly 3 years now. Well no more. I am going for it this weekend and hopefully be able to lay the demon to rest.

Looking back on the last couple of months, I have logged in more miles and long runs than I have had in any of my past marathons. I think both physically and mentally I am ready for this task. I have had this hanging over my head long enough. It is time to move on and work on new goals. I want to get this behind me so that I can go out and finish my bucket list with a smile on my face.

I am taking time off this week from my normal mileage and it is giving me more time to think about the race. What to take, when to gu, when to take electrolytes. And I thought running a marathon was just going out there and running. Man what was I thinking. HaHa.

Well, if you get a chance and have some free time this week, please sit down and say a prayer for me for trying to reach my goals. I hope and pray to be able to have a race recap that will have nothing but great and exciting news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you! You've been so close before. It sounds like this is going to be the one!

Anonymous said...

Go for it-and I hope that you break your five hour goal.
Ben