Saturday, December 12, 2009

tired of the rain

I am looking out the front door knowing that I am going for a 20 mile run tomorrow in preparation for my next marathon, Aviation marathon in Warner Robins on Jan 16. I have been going to the Wellness Center in the mornings to get my weekly mileage in because of the darkness at night, I run on the treadmill in the morning before work.

I need to get out and just run. I only have 4 weeks to go. I need to RUN. I might just have to load up on the Vit C and go.

I have run 2 marathons in the last 4 weeks but the fun is over. It is time to train RIGHT and go for it. I want to see if running Galloway style for the whole race will help me in betting my PR of 5:05. I got a chance to meet again and talk with Jeff Galloway and discuss some running techniques. He once again gave me some wonderful and much needed advice that I will take to heart and my legs.

For now, I will watch the weather channel and just pray for some sunshine.

BTW, in my 1st week of my weight loss challenge, I went down 2 pounds. I know that it is not a lot for now, but it is down. I have to post this on my site to remind myself that I am in this for the long run ( no pun intended ). I need to get the weight off but I do not want to do it with a fad diet. I want to do it right and do it slowly so that it will stay off.

More big news to come soon............

No comments: