Monday, December 21, 2009

3 weeks to go

I have 3 weeks to go before the aviation marathon. Yesterday with the help of Mellisa Cowart and Kevin Newell, I was able to log in another 20 mile practice run. Through out most of the run we were playing around and telling jokes to try and pass the time.
We ran into some issues around mile 10 with Mellisa having problems with her knee, Kevin complaining about this IT band and I was problems again with my left foot hurting on the top around my big toe. When we hit mile 13.1, Mellisa said she was going to call it a day and went home. Kevin and I puddled along knowing we had to get 20 in today. We noticed that the sun was going down pretty quick so we stayed downtown around our vehicles. The closer it got to the 20 mile mark, the more we started to pick up the pace. At the end, we had a 20 mile practice run with a sub 5 time. I was happy with this and still pondering if I am going to run a 2:1 or a 1:1 at Aviation Marathon.

Also, I had my weigh in yesterday and I am down to 263.5 which brings my total for 3 weeks to 5.5 pounds. It probably would have been better if my wife would not have made some candies for the kids at school. I kinda got into them. Have a great day.

No comments: