Sunday, December 6, 2009

Take down the rear view mirror....

Yesterday was a good day for a run. I ran the Santa 5K in downtown Macon with a friend of mine, Bo Drinkard. Bo is getting ready for the Disney marathon and we both used the race as a fun run and played around and talked during the race. It was nice to just go to a race and run to have fun. Thanks Bo. Sorry you could not break your PR but it was so close with 45 seconds.

I had to hurry home after the race to get ready for my son's birthday party. But before I left, I ran into several friends that I have not talked to in a long time. Lately my job had kept me from running at night due to the time change and I don't get a chance to see alot of my running buddies.

Phil, it was good to see ya again and no I am not going to quit my job so that I can make it to the track even though that does so like a good thing some days. LOL

Jen and Joe, I did not know that yall were going to be there for the race. Joe is on the recovery time from doing an Ironman. Maybe one day I might be crazy enough to even think of doing something like that or even just a half. If you do a half-ironman, does that make you a Iron midgetman. LOL

Blake, it was very nice to see ya again. Blake was in the Fit Camp with me last year when i was going there and he still is attending the class. I could not believe it but he has lost 75 pounds. That was just the encouragement I needed to see what could happen when you just keep going with your goals and not stop. Thanks Blake and I hope to see you out running some more races.

After the race, I looked back and realized how much FUN it was to run with Bo and talk. It has been a long time since I have felt that. I then realized that my body was meant for long runs and not speed. I need to for now on just look into long runs ( marathons ) and not worrying about my speed. I need to take down my rear view mirror and not look back. I have alot of dreams in the near future and it requires me to log in many miles. So now it is time to log in the miles and not worry about finishing fast but just staying afloat and finishing with a smile on my face.

BTW, weight loss for this week was 2.5 pounds. It was a little more but with a little birthday cake and ice cream kinda put a little kink in my loss but it was worth it.

Have a great day and I hope yall have a great day. Remember to just get out and exercise.

No comments: