Friday, November 21, 2008

Macon College trail run

Last night I met up with one of my running partners, Steve Gatlin, and we got in about 4 miles before freezing to death. The wind was very cold. We had to take detours through the college due to construction on the trail course. Steve is working his way back into running and is always telling me that he is slowing me down cause it looks like I am trying to run his speed. Bull!!!! When I go for a run, I go at whatever speed it takes me to stay motivated to just keep running. I have some nights I just go for speed but that is normally done at the track workouts. When I am out with friends, speed does not matter.

I am working my distance up further so that I can get ready for the Bartram Trail 50K next weekend. This will be my first 50K ever!!!!!! I have made up my mind that I am going to run whatever pace and when I finish, well, I will be through. It does not matter to me what the time will be because it will be a time to remember for me. Oh, that almost sounded heavy. :)

I will be taking off Saturday from running due to helping out with an autistic children's function this weekend but I hope to get in at least 15 miles on Sunday. Until then, keep up the good work.

No comments: