Monday, November 17, 2008

I met up with the MTRC this morning to go out for a normal Sunday morning run. I needed to get about 15 or 16 miles in today to kind of stay on track with my marathon schedule. Boy was it cold today. 38 degrees with the wind blowing everything around keeping any unwrapped skin frozen. I went out with Leora and she said she would run anything with me even if I had to take walk breaks.
So off we went thinking man it is cold. We got to about 1 1/2 miles and noticed the front of the pack was no where in site. I guess the thought if they ran faster they could get warm faster to go ahead and get finished. We started our run in Macon Ga and went up into Bolingbroke Ga up to I-475 and turning back to turn onto Estes round. We made it to the first water stop at about 5 1/2 miles into the run. I was thinking the whole time I would to love to be back in my bed this morning.
We then pushed forward to continue on our frigid jaunt through the country side seeing a family of 4 deer in an open pasture. We even found one dead on the side of the road with an empty .45 auto shell on the road. When we finished with our second water stop and got to about mile 10, Troy pulled up and asked if we wanted a ride. Well dummy me said no and continued on the journey forward. We made it till about the 12 1/2 mile marker and finally walked the last 1/2 mile into the parking area. Kevin decided not to run home this morning opting to ride home with Leora. FM kept him company and warm while sitting his car until we finished. I was sorry to keep him waiting this morning because Leora told me he was going to run home after the loop cause it was just another 3 miles home.
Well on my way home, I could not figure out why my run was so terible today. I had no energy, my legs were hurting and I forced myself to continue. Before I got out this morning to go into Wal-Mart like I normally do after my Sunday runs, I looked down at my shoes to notice I had on the WRONG shoes. I was wearing my old shoes with about a million miles on them. Now I know why I did not feel so good.
The moral of this story is to try and put out your clothes the noght before so this wont happen to you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome to blogger land!!!

Anonymous said...

hi Tim! Nice blog. I have to laugh every time I hear your chicky half marathon sucka story. I'm soooooo going to do that at least once next year. It sounds both evil and satisfying all at the same time!