Saturday, October 2, 2010

My fastest 22 mile practice run

Today was awesome. I had no idea that I was so close to being ready for Chickamauga. I want to go ahead and get this race started. Today we went out for our 22 mile practice run at which we are suppose to be running at a pace of 13:20 which is 2 minutes slower than race pace.





Well it did not happen. We did 22 miles at an average pace of 11:46 per mile. That's right. We were 1:34 per mile faster than we should have been. I have now been off of soda drinks for 12 days. I have cut back on my caffeine and was taking GU blocks that had caffeine in them and they paid off. I thought I was on cloud nine. We blew the time out of the water. My watch had gotten turned off for about 2 miles so I did loose some data but that's ok. We had a short break at mile 11 at our vehicles to grab some more water but did not turn off the watch. Here below is the graph from my watch.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Those mile splits look great! Woo Hoo for good long runs! If my Marathon goes as well as my last two 19 & 20 miles have gone I'll be happy! Bring on 22 this saturday!!!!