Friday, October 29, 2010

2 weeks to go

We are now 2 weeks to go to Chickamauga. I am so looking foward to this race. It is about time to put things behind me and moved foward. For the last 6 months, I have trained by the books and followed the charts and graphs. I have made the short runs, the speedwork and the long runs. I have run through the heat. I have run through the cold and have endured the pain and sweat. I have never felt more ready for any race.

This past weekend we went for out last 22 mile run and it was my fastest run ever. And what do I have to show for it, memories. That is it! 22 miles at 4:14 with a pace of 11:44.

When we got through with the run, I took my watch off and placed it on my tailgate with my fuelbelt. We all took turns sitting down and getting drinks and when I got ready to leave, I shut the tailgate and it was gone. I looked everywhere and called everyone to see if someone might have picked it up by accident. Well not luck. I wanted to see the chart from my watch. I was able to shave off 35 sec per mile on my last 5 miles. I was kicking tail. My running times were in the upper 6's and the lower 7's and I dont know where it was coming from. I guess it is from all the training.

This weekend I will be running Jays Hope 5K barefoot in memory of my friend Zack Pruitt. I am glad we are in the taper phase now so we can slow down. My body is tired and I need some downtime.

No comments: