Saturday, October 9, 2010

1 month to go

Well, we are now 1 month to go before I tackle Chickamauga again. I have alot of memories from this marathon but I want to make some more. I want to be able to bury the demon that has lived on my shoulder for nearly 4 years now. I have not been able to break the 5 hour mark but I believe with all my heart that this is going to change at Chick.

I have been with a wonderful group of runners in our Galloway program that has helped me out. They have given my energy when I had nothing left to go on. They have helped me to remember my own words in training. We have gone by the book and so far it has paid off. Mentally I am so ready for this race. Physically, I think I am, but we have 1 more long run to go on Oct. 23rd. Then I will know how I feel.

I am getting everything ready in my head for the race. Also I am a co-race director for the Bartram Forest 50K/marathon just 2 weeks after the marathon at Chick. So as far as my free time goes, there is no none right now.

We went out this morning for our 12 mile repeat run of 1 mile intervals. We had so many people that was not going to be there due to vacation, injuries and other things. So for the 3 of us that was able to make it, I decided to change it to a 11 mile run at a faster run than marathon pace. We started out at a pace of 11:28 and finished with an overall pace of 11:00. We were right on the mark and down to the exact second to our training pace. I am so proud of our running group. It has been a pleasure to run with these guys and girls.

No comments: