Friday, October 22, 2010

Jays Hope 5K

this is going to be an emotional race for me this year. we get all caught up in the hoopla of just going to a race to run. we forget about the cause for what it stands for. well not this year.

this is a race that is run in honor of childfen with cancer.

when i ran my first ten k there was a friend of mine who ran the last mile with me in his socks around a muddy mile track. when we finished he daddy told him to throw his socks away and tell your momma you lost them. so for the rest of the day he went barefoot.

well zack became one of my running partners and his father ran with me on my first half marathon. zack came down with a fatal brain tumor and died at the age of foreteen.

in his honor and memory i will be running jays hope barefoot this year. it is just a small way to say thank you to a friend who took time out of his day to help me.

No comments: