Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

Every year our local running club likes to meet on Jan 1st to go for a run so that we can say this is what we are going to do all year. So there was 3 of us that met at our normal starting location and started out for a 20 mile run. We are getting ready for the Donna 26.2 marathon coming up in Feb.

We started out on our journey making up the route as we went on. We could have gone on an easy route but no. I chose a much more difficult route with a lot of hills and long inclines. I think that this was my downfall. I was feeling good until around mile 14. I could tell me strength was falling off and I was falling back. I was not sure what was going on cause I have not felt like this in a long time. I guess the extra weight and time off during the holidays has really made an impact in my training. It is like know I will have to start from scratch.

Well I am going to do what ever it takes to get back into shape. I have 3 marathons in the next couple of months. I am going to have to put everything behind me and just do it.

No comments: