Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting ready....

As my body gets a couple of days of rest, it is now time to pack again and get ready for the Snickers marathon this weekend. I always look foward to this race because this is the place where I ran my 1st marathon 2 years ago.

I have been playing around with how I want to deal with this race. I always get so close to breaking the 5 hour mark at Snickers. I am trying to tell myself to star off a little slower this time so that I will be strong in the end.

I believe that is what I am going to do so that I can enjoy this one and finish strong at the end. This will be my 10th marathon and I will have only 1 more to do next month and I will be thtrough with my bucket list of 6 marahons in 6 months.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

LOL Snickers will be my 10th Half Marathon.

My goal is nice and slow and reaching the finish line. I might even do a 1/1 interval or just walk it.

I agree with the slow at the start idea for you. Bank some time upfront so that you can finish strong! See you at the finish line.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Ten marathons-and six in a six month period. Amazing.
I hope that you have a nice, steady marathon and that you meet your goal. You have the right attitude.
Ben