Sunday, March 7, 2010

10 and counting

I never had any intentions of ever being able to say I have now run 10 marathons in my life. Nor would I have ever thought of running them in 2 years. I can truly say that my body is not the same now. I have gotten to a point where my body is conditioned to a long run. People still come up to me and ask me why I do this and I tell them the same reason why people run 5 and 10Ks every weekend. My body is just use to it. I am not going to lie and say it is easy to do it because that would be a lie. My back is starting to hurt, my feet are sore and my legs/hips hurt.

Looking back, I have traveled alot of roads to get here. Not only the roads to travel to the courses but the roads on which I have laid down some training miles. I was joking with my wife and I told her I have run enough miles in the marathons to go from Macon to Jacksonville Florida. Then if you were to log in my training miles and 5,10 and 12K races, I would take me to Miami.

I had a wonderful time at Snickers this year. I wanted to be able to finish this race with a smile on my face and I did just that. I will write a recap on the race when they publish the finishing times but I will tell you that I missed my PR by about 4 minutes this time. I am ok with this. I had other goals that I wanted to do and I will discuss them later.

I have one more marathon to do next month, Country Music Marathon in Nashville Tenn on April 24. This will be my last marathon that I have pre-registered for this year. I am planning on having fun with this race. My friend Melissa Cowart told me that she has never run a marathon under 6 hours and I told her if she wanted to run with me I would try and help her obtain her goal.

After I get through with this race, it will then be time to put all my training towards the Augusta 70.3 race. I need to put all my time to this race cause it will be my biggest training regiment that I will have put my body through.

For now it is time to sit back and give my legs a break today. When I get more on my finishing times I will get my recap posted. Until then, continue on.

No comments: