Sunday, December 4, 2011

Keeping on track

I have been following a new plan set forth by Coach Fitz and boy it is keeping me on my toes. I am so use to trying to say that I am going to try and break another 5 hour marathon but not now. My new goal is going to try and come in at 4:45.

Coach Don sent me my new time to follow and they are:
MP=10:50
ST=9:40
MT=9:55
LT=10:10
400=2:11
800=4:26
1000=5:34
1200=6:44
1600=9:07
EASY=11:15

Good Lord what have I gotten myself into now!!!!

I went out Sat for a long run that I had to cut short cause it was my sons birthday. I was suppose to get 15 miles in but I only logged in 8 miles. The way I see it is that I got a great run run in. I did not hit the mileage but I got a great cardio workout.

Karen, Holly and Coach went with me and we started out on a COLD morning run. I was more worried about getting back in time than anything else. For the 1st mile, I could not concentrate on nothing. I just wanted to get the run over and get home. When I got somewhere around mile 2, I started to push myself a little bit more. I noticed that I started to feel good the faster I was going. Coach was right beside me the entire time.

When we got to the half way point, I told him that we where at a 11:03 pace. He told me that it was too fast and we needed to slow down. Well, that lasted for about 1 second. The more we talked, the faster we got. I looked at mile 5 and we were now at a 10:50 pace overall. I said "WOW, we are at my marathon pace" and once again Coach said we need to slow down.

We started back talking and there again went the pace. Mile 6 was about 10:40 and mile 7 was about 10:30. I knew I should not be running this pace but for some strange reason it just felt good.

I was starting to have doubts if I could hold this pace for 26.2 but Don and I were talking about what my time would be and before I knew it, we were through running. My overall pace for this 8 mile run was a 10:26.

My hips were a little sore and my legs felt great. I know that the run was too fast but for some reason I needed it. I had to prove to myself that I can do it. I wont be able to run a long run this Sat due to having to go to Atl so I guess I will have to get in some killer workouts during the week.

I will keep you posted. Thank you and have a great week.

No comments: