Saturday, July 17, 2010

MIBM 2010

Well today is the day. Our annual Make It By Midnight half/marathon is tonight. If you are not familiar with this race is that what ever you think it will take you to finish the race, you subtract that from midnight and start. The best thing is for everyone to finish at midnight together. I love this race but it has 3 H's. Heat, humidity and hills. This is the slowest of all races I will do this year. I am hoping for a half finish somewhere between 2:30 and 3 hours. I am not going to push myself cause I am having some friends run with me for help and companionship. I hope to be able to post a report in a couple of days.

I have been busy running with our Galloway program. I am the 5 hour pace leader for the group. I figured if I can't break 5 hours in my 11 marathons then I need to train better and have more accountability for my actions. So if my group does not break or get near the 5 hour mark at Chickamauga, then I will be to blame. I don't want that to happen so that is why I am steeping down from my TRI training for now. I am not stopping, I am just taking a break. I signed up for the Augusta 70.3, I have not officially unsigned. I am going to hold it open so that if I get a chance to go, I will. But I am not making any promises.

I know that I am a good runner, but that is not enough. I want to become a great runner. I want to help others get better and reach their most inter abilities. I have come to a conclusion that I want to help others in hope that it will help me also. It is a long story that we discussed in church last week and I think it will help me in my running ability also. I know that some of you will think that running a church lesson don't go hand in hand but it did for me that day. It hit me hard and I am not looking back. It is time to go forward.

Have a blessed weekend and have fun.

No comments: